Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy New Year 2010, January 7, 2010

I have been missing in action, and, for that dear readers I am sorry.  What spurred me to write today was a nice comment from an anonymous poster.  That really made my day, so, THANK YOU!  Hint:   Leave more comments!!!  

So, what have you all been up to?  Rod and I are getting ready to have a yard sale tomorrow and Saturday.  That  is another reason I decided to write today.  We are trying to trump up business to ensure that our house gets cleared out before we put it on the market.  So, we are having a moving sale, while some of the neighbors decided to join us--I know they are just taking advantage of my $60 spent on ads and signs.  That's ok.  I did the same thing in June when Jim and Susan had their yard sale.  LOL

The weather here has just been ridiculous.  For a whole week we have been having cold-for-Florida weather.  Those of you up North, think I am crazy.  Weather that reaches into the fifties can't be cold....especially when you are in the teens.  Well, let me tell, it is COLD here.  So, cold in fact on Saturday when I am trying to sell all the junk out of my house, we are forecast for the following:

Low overnight temperature of :    34 degrees

High daytime temperature of:       37 degrees

And up to 20 mph winds

COLD!!  So, cold that I am going to sell coffee, tea and hot chocolate just to keep people shopping!!  LOL  That is possibly the only money we will make the whole weekend. 

My sister and I were talking on the phone today.  The weather was the main topic.  I told her I no longer thought her spoiled for demanding seat heaters in all her new vehicles.   Seat heaters, is that what they are called?  Being from Florida I am not sure that's the correct terminology.  But picture sitting on cold leather seats in the middle of winter and then you'll know what I am talking about.  I want them in all my vehicles now too.  I wonder if it's an after market item I could get Rod to install for me???

Part of the reason I stopped writing was that my craft shows were not going blockbusters like they usually do in the Fall.  Only a few of them were where I wanted them to be.  The rest sucked.  Basically.  So, not enough positive vibes to put out there, so why write.  Now I wish I had just looked on the bright side to fill my thoughts.  But, that whole "secreting" happiness wasn't working to well for me over the last couple of months. 

On to a New Year and a new attitude!  I hope your Holidays were bright and wonderful.  Tell, me dear reader, what is your resolution for 2010?  What thing is going to make your heart sing this year?  What are you passionate about RIGHT NOW?  Hmmm, I am still thinking on these thoughts, so stay tuned. 
And if you are in Orlando, come visit me out in the cold Friday or Saturday.  I will buy you a cuppa joe.



The St. Simons Island show--no vendors and no customers.

Some of my garage sale bargains--great storage for a garage!!!


Who left this watch at my house? 


I know, the picture is awful, but, you get the idea...maybe!

No comments: