Tuesday, May 17, 2011

First Illinois Shows, May 16, 2011

I was in Baraboo Wisconsin on Saturday and Woodstock Illinois for Fair Diddley on Sunday this week.  Let's just say that the weather forecast was not good--rain forecast was at 60% and the temperatures were supposed to be cool. 

On Saturday the trip up to Wisconsin was gorgeous but the rain was only spitting which happily didn't affect my set-up.  I was next to really nice couples on either side.  The show is very shoppable and I don't think there are any bad spots.  But the cool temps (in the 50's) kept peoples' hands in their pockets.  It was a much slower show than last year, but, again one I might do next year because I LOVE the area. 

I was across from the antique store below.  I had to snap a picture...I love the storefront! 


On Sunday in Woodstock I arrived to find four artists just down from my spot leaving because they could not set-up with the 20+ mile an hour prevailing winds.  So, my little gang of artists banded together, helped each other set up and then anchored down to ensure we all stayed put.  BUT, we could not put up sides, so I did a modified display that could be removed fast if the rain started. 

But the rain never came, luckily.  The wind and the cold were relentless--keeping the crowds low--as the people next to me complained.  We drank tea or coffee nonstop.  And we prayed the wind would not rip our tents from their spikes in the brick streets.  This show is one I will do next year and pray it has more temperate weather conditions. 




No comments: