Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fun Things: Summer 2012


Mom and Dad took Jodie and I to a Cubs/Brewers game in Milwaukee.  We traveled there on a bus tour with other Farm Bureau members.  It was hot as blazes that day.  Jodie and maybe one other person on the bus were happy with the results--the Brew Crew won that day.  Mom and Dad got lucky to get out of the sun--some shaded seats up the way were open.






I mentioned the bonfire in my last post.  We were only six people, but, we were six very HAPPY people.  LOL  Cindy and I got there first and got things ready.   Mom and Dad arrived and we got the popcorn and smores started.  Jodie got there late--it seems some shots at the golf outing were involved--and we broke out the drinks.  Garry was last to arrive as he was racing RC cars/trucks in Monroe. 


Some shots from my one day at the Boone County Fair.  Above are my great nieces, Matt's girls.  Izzy (Isabell) on the left and Jillian on the right.  They are great kids.  Oh, and you can see Grandpa Jeff in the background on the phone. 


Jodie, Jeff and Debbie--after the auction and the rain had passed.


The girls' pigs taking a nap--they will have to remind me of their names!


Then in August Rod came on his second vacation from Florida.  Here we are on the road to Omaha to see Larry, Ellen and cousin Clee.  Sorry, the good pictures are  on his camera.  I can say that we had a fantastic time and can't wait to go back and see more.  I am just in love with the big wind turbines...



And this group of three pictures, all my childhood, best friends who I am now calling the Willow Creek Gals met out at the lake one hot, hot day.  We ate, we talked, some of us kayaked and some of us barely made it up and down the hill due to a summer funky illness that left me without breath!  Tammy Pease on the far end.  Sisters Judy Krog (standing--our marathoner) and Susan Carlson (seated).   And Denise Wheeler - Temple in the front


Gail Blume, Deanna Blume --I can't remember the married name thanks to my menopause brain.  And me on the end.


Sister Jodie on the far end, Brenda Brick - Benning (I think!) in the yellow shirt.  Not shown was Penny Pease who took the pictures, and Linda Thoele who got there a bit later.  The only one missing was Diane Wheeler - Reed...hope you can make it next time!!

So much more happened this summer, but, those are all the pics I could lay my hands on for now.  More later, maybe!



No comments: