Saturday, December 8, 2012

Notable Thoughts: Grace


I save pages from magazines.  I tear out recipes, reading lists, products I like, websites I want to visit--basically anything that catches my eye and warrents a second look.  This page has been floating around various to-do stacks on my desk for the last year.  It was from Real Simple, Novemeber, 2011.  I kept it for the passage, which reads:

"You say grace before meals.
All right.
But I say grace before the play and the opera,
And grace before the concert and pantomime,
And grace before I open a book,
And grace before sketching, painting,
Swimming, fencing, boxing, walking, playing, dancing;
And grace before I dip the pen in the ink."

G.K. Chesterton, from an early notebook (mid-1890s)

I say, just don't say it...live it!  :)  That may be my resolution for this year.  And it certainly gives me another topic to ponder...more thoughts to come back to some day.


No comments: