Thursday, November 7, 2013

Green Smoothies for Breakfast!


OK, don't laugh at the green smoothie in the beer glass!  It's a miracle, but, I am feeling like getting back to this blog.  I have lots to talk about...but not enough time to put my thoughts into a somewhat coherant form.  So, what brings me back today? 

I am feeling great.  I got all my soap orders packed up and shipped.  I got a couple applications in the mail for the Winter and Spring art and craft shows.  (What's up with the constant price increase, Deerfield Beach???)  And I have my Green Monster Smoothie in hand!  What could be better?

So, what is the Green Monster?  It is my answer to getting more vegetables in my diet early in the day!  Here's the recipe if you want to try. 

Jackie's Green Monster Smoothie
3 cups loose chopped kale
1 c green tea brewed and cooled
1 portion protein (powder, egg, black beans...your choice)
2T apple cider vinegar with mother
1T ground flax seed
1 apple cored
3 large mint leaves
1/2 lemon, juiced
4 shakes cinnamon powder
4 shakes cayenne powder
Ice Cubes--3-5 depending on size
Sweeten if needed--this varies.  I use it some days, some days not. Use sugar, agave, sweetner as per your choice.

Put all contents in blender container.  Pulse to chop up big bits.  Then liquify adding more green tea as needed.  Drink up!  It makes alot, but, drink it all.


No comments: