Wednesday, March 26, 2014

New Lotion Tins


I quit doing lotions a while back since I didn't want to order in a huge quantity of containers (think cases) and then have to move them up to Illinois at some point in the future.  So, I started just offering plain old shea butter in whatever plastic containers I could find at the store.  Not very professional, but, it worked.  

Then I starter to miss MY concoction of wonderful oils, butters and great essential oils.  I LOVE shea butter on its own.  It is so good for you--it moisturizes, it heals and it makes your skin look so healthy.  But, on my skin, it can feel a little tacky...especially if you use too much.  And since I don't use much lotion--I use great soap instead--I was battling that sweet spot of shea butter usage where you put it on and it totally soaks into your skin in a few moments.  But use too much and it feels pretty heavy.     



As luck would have it, one of my fragrance suppliers started offering small quantities of great tin containers for reasonable prices.  So get out the oils:   almond or apricot kernel.  Melt down some beeswax, shea butter and cocoa butter.  And mix it altogether with some great smelling, wonderful healing essential oils and you have Jackie's 100% Natural Lotion Tins.  

They are small, 1.5 ounces.  But for $5, you get a lotion that will last for months!  Yes, you read that right.  You scrape your thumb nail lightly over the top and rub that into your arm.  Do the same for the other arm, your legs and then use what is left over to moisturize your lips, your cuticles--wherever you need an extra little bit of moisture.  I have a good friend who uses it on her face, but, it is a little too heavy for my skin type.  Oh, and then wash out the container and recycle it to hold something near and dear--a ring box, a container in your purse for your earrings.  

No comments: