Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Bonnie and I brought a load of "stuff" to Illinois after the New Smyrna Beach show.  I was there to winterize.  What that means, I am not 100% sure, but, I did the best I could given the snowfall.  I got the air conditioners out of the two windows and put away.  I was supposed to do a lot more yard work, but, now that I see these pictures--I really like how everything looks with snow piled on top.  

So, in addition to the first snow shoveling in A VERY LONG TIME, I also got to scrape my van windows--with a credit card since my scraper was locked in the Mercury with the frozen shut doors.  I also caught a mouse in a sticky trap I had put out this summer for spiders.  Poor dear was trying to drag the trap through the hole in the bathroom wall.  He must have had a heart attack when I put him in a grocery bag and threw him out the back door.  I hope he did anyway.  

Blue Moon Cottage after the first snowfall,  November 2014



The Zebra Grass with a dusting of snow!


The view out the backdoor when I discovered it was SNOWING!!!!

The next morning this is the view I woke up to!  What a winter wonderland!


The front yard--Bonnie and I trounced through the little bit of snow to get this picture.


And one picture from Orlando on Tuesday, November 25, 2015:  This hawk was just sitting at the top of the roof gable.  I got really close and took a bunch of pictures and he just sat there looking at me, the ground, the sky, whatever.  I wondered if he was keeping an eye out for a rodent or snake in the grass to eat!  I also wondered if he was the hawk who ate one of the mockingbird babies a couple years ago.  Regardless, he was a stately, handsome guy, don't ya think?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That hawk looks like he's waiting for a mouse.