Thursday, May 29, 2008

Jensen Beach, January 20, 2008




The view from the street to the Intercoastal!





While most sane people have jobs that give them decent paychecks, health benefits and a 401k...me, I make soap and then sell it at Art and Craft shows on weekends. No paycheck unless someone forks over $4.50 a bar!

The upside is I make my own hours, am my own boss and I truly LOVE what I create. The downside, other than not getting a paycheck and benefits, is that sometimes the weather sucks and your clients don't come out to buy.







Today was that type of day. Now, yes...this is Florida, so even when the weather is bad...it isn't like we have 20 below zero wind chill. But still, it gets pretty cold when you have a steady 20 MPH wind blowing off the water, right into your booth and it is about 60 degrees all day. That's not to mention that said wind wants to blow your expensive craft show tent away and all your stuff into the next county.



Mom and Dad "freezing"!!

So, I spent most of the day hoping the wind would stop and when that didn't happen filling up on hot tea and hot chocolate. This was definitely the kind of day I wished I drank coffee. Oh, but the day before it was 84 degrees and sunny...so it all evens out in the end. :)

No comments: