Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gainesville O'Connell Center Craft Show, November 29 & 30, 2008

Gainesville this weekend rocked! I was down on the floor again and load in at 4 pm on Friday went smoothly. I was done before 6 pm and headed to the Red Roof Inn and unpacked before heading out to dinner. I was meeting Dave who I used to work with at the vet clinic. He is now 30--he was 19 when he worked in the kennel at the clinic! Time flies. The fly on the wall says he will be getting engaged to his girlfriend this Christmas. He brought Heather with him to dinner and she is lovely--pretty and smart. They make a great pair!

Saturday, the show was really busy. I am pretty sure I benefitted with the Two Sisters soap company (actually I am not sure of the name, but, it was Suzy and Susan who ran it!) being out of business. I gave out lots of samples to their old customers and hope I can sway some of them to start buying from me. Cross fingers. Our soap is similiar...we used to trade soaps back in the day. The show was over at 6 pm--way too late for a craft show. We were slow by 3 pm and by 4 pm it was vendors only shopping!

I had dinner at the Bonefish Grill. Actually I had a mojito there and took out a couple appetizers for dinner! Yummy!! Once back at the hotel I settled in to watch a movie on HBO...when my glasses broke. Dang it. It's lucky that I hadn't ordered new contact lens after my appointment on Tuesday.

Sunday morning I was up early and watched a movie on HBO before getting ready for the show. The show started at 10am and at about 9:30 I locked my keys in the car and unfortunately my spare key was locked in the car in my purse! Oh CRAP. I called AAA for a key assist and made it to the show about 11:15. Several of my craft buddies were worried, but, aside from being soaked from the rain, I was fine. I wonder how many sales I lost in that hour plus?

The show Sunday was slower than Saturday, but, when my receipts were all counted up Sunday night, I ended up having the best show ever at the O'Connell Center. Yippee! Thanks to you all! The trip back to Orlando was miserable. The pack out went smoothly...luckily. But any time I saved during load up was lost in the two hour and forty five minute trip home. Yuck.

One more show to go!!!!

No comments: