Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Soap Cyber Monday, December 8, 2008

When I got home from Tally on Sunday night I had to hump it to get the van unloaded so I could see what soaps I wanted to put up on Special for my new Cyber Monday. Instead of using the Monday after Thanksgiving like the big retailers, I decided to do the Monday after my last show of the season!

Some new end piece samplers I put together for Cyber Monday.

So, I stayed up until 2 a.m. getting all the buy buttons and descriptions on the website. From the results, I will be doing this every year. Let's just hope the Post Office Click-N-Ship website doesn't act up like it did on Monday. I would have gotten most of the boxes out then if it had cooperated. BUT, instead by the next day, it was behaving well enough that with a couple bad words I was able to get them all out the door before my poor mailman showed up. He had a full mailbox, a bag of Priority Mail envelopes hanging from the mailbox post and a stack of boxes sitting underneath to pick up!
I also pulled out my eye pillow fabrics--nice, soft flannels to sit over your eyes. I need to make some up as I am about out of the ones I made a couple years ago. I only have the yellow check ones left...and with all these fabrics to choose from, I am itching to make some more. I also had a male customer suggest that I make a pillow case type cover and not the sewn on cover like I have been doing for years. That way if the cover gets dirty, you can throw it in the wash instead of having to throw the whole thing out. GREAT idea...I should have thought of that.

And tonight, Rod and I decorated--yes, he was actually up when I decorated for maybe the first time ever! So, he got to put the tree topper on and hang some of the upper level ornaments I couldn't reach. It was fun saying "Hi" to some of those ornaments I haven't see in a couple years. With my soap business taking precedence over decorating the last couple of years, we just didn't get around to putting up the Christmas stuff. This year with my nephew coming with his girlfriend--we had to get busy and get it done. So, now we are ready...almost.

I got a new Bissell Steam Mop to help with the floors--I like it a lot. So, I guess the only other thing left to do is CLEAN. I have a lot of de-junking to do before I can get to the cleaning part, but, I will get it done before Friday.
Tomorrow I am going to the dentist to get the preliminary work done on two new crowns. Three hours in the dentist chair...oh my!!! And thank God for insurance.

No comments: