Sunday, March 8, 2009

Dad's Birthday Party, March 4 & 5, 2009

Well, Dad's 71st birthday was on Wednesday this week, so we decided to draw it out a bit. Rod has Friday and Saturday off, so we went to Red Lobster on Thursday night, but, we did the "cake" and presents on Wednesday.
We splurged on some Ben & Jerry's butter pecan for the folks, some chocolate fudge brownie for Rod and some Cherry Garcia for me. We really limited ourselves...buying one pint and then a couple smaller half-cup servings of the others. We were good being bad, I guess you could say. If you consider my husband could eat half a carton of ice cream and some cookies on a good night. Truth be told, I think we all could! LOL
Presents were kinda boring...a new jacket from Mom and a couple Disney long sleeve tees from us...but we know there are more goodies coming when Jodie comes next weekend. But the hit of the night was the card from Mom...I think you can see the card front in the next picture!!!

Oh, and Mom and I started and finished our next puzzle. :)








No comments: