Monday, September 28, 2009

Crystal's Wedding, September 27, 2009




My hiker friend Crystal got married on Sunday.  It was a gorgeous HOT beach wedding on Florida's west coast on Anna Maria Island.  Rod had to work in the morning, so we left Orlando about 2:30  to make it to the 5p.m. wedding.  Unfortunately, we didn't take into account the bad weather that blew in OR a huge 18 car pile up on I-75 just a couple miles after we got off I-4.  




The good news is that is started to clear up as we neared the coast.  We ended up pulling into the parking lot at 4:55 p.m. just in time to grab a drink and then head down to the beach front wedding.  Crystals' friend Toya stood up with her and one of the groom's cousins was best man. 




Just as the ceremony started, it rained for a few minutes.  Crystal said later that the wedding consultant asked if she wanted to delay for a bit to let the clouds pass...but Crystal said she was a hiker so basically--get on with it!  LOL  Crystal and her dress were gorgeous...as was the setting, the ceremony and all the extras!!!




I had never met Jarrod before, so it was nice putting a real face with everything I had heard.  I also got to meet Crystal's parents, and Aunt and Uncle who had traveled from Maine and got to put faces to people she has told me about for years. 







We left the party at about 9 p.m. to get Rod home before he turned into a pumpkin.  Unfortunately, I was in such a hurry when we got there I forgot to turn my headlights off and the van was dead as a door nail when we got in.  So, we waited for AAA to get there and got home about 11:15.  Have you ever seen a pumpkin sleeping and snoring?!  LOL 


No comments: