Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mom and Dad's 50th Wedding Anniversary Pre-Party, September 17, 2010






Mom and Dad asked us all to come to the Butterfly Club for a family-only get together on their official anniversary.  These are just table pictures from the evening.  The highlight for me was sitting next to my brother Jeff as he ate 7 pieces, big pieces of fried cod.  I am sure nephew Roger had about as many! 

On Saturday we started the food preparation up at the Church.  Bruce and Dad peeled 40 pounds of potatoes, while Jodie, Travis and I fixed the celery, onion and eggs.  Once it was all cooked, I mixed up seven big bowls of the salad to go in the church's big refrigerator.  While I was doing that, Jodie was artfully arranging the vegetable trays.  Then we took a break to go down to the Corner for lunch. 

When we got back, we started on the meat and cheese trays.  Turns out it was a bit harder than it looked in the food catalogs!  We ended up coming up with some creative garnishes and some great ways to pile on the pounds of beef, ham, turkey, cheddar, provolone and colby jack.  Whew, when we were all done it was so nice to get out of there and relax. 

No comments: