Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Long time, no Chat! November 10, 2010

Rod and me on my birthday
Well, my blogging got hung up back in September when I was talking about Mom and Dad's big Anniversary party back in Illinois.  Unfortunately I made the mistake of leaving the only copy of the pictures up there.  So, I am trying to get a copy of it made to do a picture blog of that day.  Stay tuned...

In the meantime, we had my birthday (48th), did a bunch of yard work and tried to annihilate and destroy all the wasps that took up residence around the house this summer.   Those buggers killed an elderly woman near here last month...so I don't feel  too bad about it.

This year's Christmas soap--a combo of Plum, Fig and Cinnamon
 with  a red and green swirl

In the meantime, lots of soapmaking is going on down here in Orlando.  And that is in spite of rising vegetable oil prices, longer shipping times and a ever growing feeling of being WAY BEHIND!  It seems each week the To-Do List grows longer, while the time to accomplish it grows shorter.  I am sure you all have those feelings too, right?!  I  got the Christmas soap scent blend finished and named the soap, "Under the Mistletoe"--check it out if you get to a show, ok?


These are cute little stocking stuffers or office gifts--two guest soaps




I had a bit of trouble with the new sewing machine last month.   It was the bottom tension messing up.  After several days of trying different things (and too many swear words), I finally took it to a local sewing machine shop--Keels on Edgewater Av. here in Orlando.  Keels has been around forever.  The third generation owner, Danny, is a nice guy who took one look and had it diagnosed before I even had time to explain what was happening.  He still patiently listened to my troubles and then pointed the thread had come out of one of the guides.  According to Danny, the bottom tension messing up almost never has anything to do with the bobbin--which is where I was looking for the problem!  I can't wait to buy another machine--Danny turned me onto some of the new models--I think this Viking lover will be buying a Janome

Painting  the bags for the sachets





I expanded the line of sachets I am carrying too--now I have Rose and Chamomile in addition to the Lavender four packs you will find at shows and online.  I love the scent coming from all these together!  Time for a trip to Penzey's Spices I think!!

No comments: