Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Kelly's Joyful Newsletter, November 10, 2010

I forgot to mention a wonderful email newsletter I found while I was up North this summer.  The gal who does the writing, Kelly Epperson, graduated in my sister's class in high school.  I discovered her writing when Mom and I were out shopping--I had no idea then that she went to my school.  I just happened to pick up one of those freebie newspapers at the hardware store and found her column on things that youngsters born recently would never know--like loaf of bread size cell phones, etc.

Anyway, through a strange series of happenstances involving Facebook, Avon and the above referenced article I discovered, Kelly was Sherri Meredith's sister--who was in my class.  Sherri mentioned that Kelly had a newsletter on JOY and she sent me a link and the rest is history.  Being a very bad, very frustrated writer myself, I was impressed that her content kept me reading all the way to the end AND assured that this was one of those weekly emails that actually got opened and read every week. 

Here's a peek at this week's newsletter.  There is a link to sign up on the left of the newsletter if you so choose!
http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs041/1102224453243/archive/1103869926185.html

So fast forward a couple of months and now Kelly is in pursuit of a paid job to blog for a big company--and it is a well paid gig!  So, if she is able to get in the top 20 in the next few days, she has a real shot at winning this job.  IF you would be so kind as to visit the link below and vote for Kelly, your day's karma will be assured. Plus if you go back each day until the contest ends and vote for Kelly, she will be a shoe-in!
http://www.sam-e.com/job/entries/559

No comments: