Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Year End 2010

So much happened at the end of the year and I really didn't take time to blog about any of it, so here are the highlights.  Oh I hate even saying that because you all will know just how boring things are here in Orlando!

I did some of my usual shows in November and December (Lake Eola and Tally).  Both of those shows were up significantly from the year before, but, several of the new ones I did left a lot to be desired--St. Augustine and Stuart in particular.  I was especially surprised by the St. Augustine show where I have so many customers.  Perhaps it was the weekend--the annual Christmas Light Up celebration in downtown.  But anyway I had a great time with my friend and customer, Susan--who recently moved up from the Keys to the nation's oldest city.  We had a nice time at the ceremony and had a great dinner with her friend Di.  One show that I did that I think I can grow over time is the one I did the second weekend in New Smyrna Beach, the Flamingo Follies...I will try that again next year!

I got the flu the second week in December and that really messed up our month.  The following week I had to get up all the backed up orders.  The week after, Rod took some time off so we were able to get all the Christmas shopping done and shipped.  But the Christmas cards became a casualty of the time crunch.  I am sure you all missed the Christmas Letter, right???  LOL



Our Anniversary was on the 21st...which brings us to our 25th Anniversary.  Can't believe it has gone this quick!  Having the right guy makes all the difference, don't ya think???  These white roses all opened beautifully and were so full...it made us wonder if they are always better than their colored counterparts?




We had several hard freezes during the month, the first while I was sick, so, I just gave up trying to cover our perishable plants.  We probably lost all the white ginger and the tea olive by the pool pump and a couple hibiscus.  Some of these other ones may make it...hopefully.  

We spent Christmas with our friends Lynn and Paul...who many of you know as the SpiceLady and her boyfriend.  We had a great day with good food made by all of  us...and even some mulled wine to complete the somewhat coolish day.  We traveled up to North Florida the next weekend to spend time with Rod's side...and we had a great dinner at Deb and Jan's followed by a scary movie that we pretty much woke up from to find it about New Years.  Rod who had been sleeping out on the porch actually came in just before to make sure we celebrated properly.  

No comments: