Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Great Diet Fiasco, January 27, 2011

So my sister Jodie and I started out in December trying to watch our weight to make sure we didn't lose control (too much--that is my feeling, Jodie was really trying!) over the Holidays.  I have a pretty good body image-- which I know is surprising to some of my small friends.  I don't stress on it.

I was thrilled to see the following picture in Glamour.  It is of one of their models and the fact that she was a real person showing her real body--unretouched--made my heart sing.  I immediately "friended" her on Facebook.  LOL  She is about 5' 11" and weighs about 180 giving her a healthy BMI of about 25.  At least 10 points less than mine...thus the annual diet.



But, given our family history of diabetes and heart disease (and everything else known to man) I have to be careful.  I keep thinking that it is going to hit me one day...like a Mack truck, but, I keep doing what I do.  Which is--eating healthy, until I don't.

So, we weigh in on Monday mornings and then I email Jodie and she emails back.  The last three weeks have been dreadful.  In truth, I haven't been doing anything to control myself--no food journals, no increase in exercise and I even made a friend's Toffee recipe with nuts and chocolate chips.  It was yummy, so much so that I am looking forward to making it again...once I get over feeling the guilt.

On the good side, I am using my Wii once again and walking Bonnie Dog most mornings.  I eat much less packaged food than I ever have and I stock the frig with lots of veggies and fruits and the pantry with whole grains.  And occassionally the box of Mac & Cheese and chocolate chips.

So here is to making better choices and perhaps even losing a pound or 60 in the next year.  Jodie, I promise to be better!!!

No comments: