Wednesday, February 2, 2011

January Shows, February 2, 2011



The first couple of pictures here were taken out of the back of my booth at Deerfield Beach over the last weekend in January.  This is one of the most beautiful beaches in Florida...maybe anywhere.  As the day worn on, lots more beach chairs and umbrellas came out.  And may I just say--thank God for Lifeguards everywhere!  Those boys were just plain hunk-a-licious!  Oh, the show was fantastic.  It was my best since moving to the beach from Pioneer Park four years ago.  




The next group of pictures is from the first show of the year, at Jensen Beach.  You are looking at the sun rising over the Intercoastal waterway.   I love doing this show--it gets bigger every year and it is so well supported by the local residents and merchants that everyone has a great time.  My friends, Janis and Candy are still going great guns at the gallery, CC Key Art, just down the way in this historic shopping district.  I got to stay with Janis at her cute little bungalow just a couple blocks away.  Janis is the culprit who turned me ont to the Saltine Cracker Toffee!  The weather was gorgeous--a bit warmer than it had been and sunny.  Lots of folks were out for the weekend.  

We had dinner and drinks with a group of artists and Janis' friend Greg.  Greg comes down with a dog and a cat (in advance of his partner who joins them in a week) on a road trip from the Northeast every year at this time.  We traded traveling tips, enjoyed the music and had an awesome dinner.  

And then there was the Crystal River Manatee Festival.  What a crowd that festival draws--the community support is fantastic.  But, not sure if it was the 30 degree temps or the economy, but, I did pretty bad.  We did have some fun camping out that weekend though.  I brought an extra two blankets to fill out the big rectangular sleeping bag.  All was well the first night.  The next night was COLD.  But I was snuggled in my bag all nice and warm until sometime in the morning...when I woke up.  My arm was asleep and the only way to get it back to normal was to put it outside of the bag and let it come to life.  Uh, huh.  That wasn't going to happen, so I tossed and turned for a while trying to get it back to normal.  

Oh, I saw "The King's Speech" at the Crystal River Mall.  Great movie--love Colin Firth...see it!!  That little mall was a hoot.  A Sears, a JC Pennys, a Belks and a Kmart.  Never seen a Kmart in a mall before!  But it was kind of nice to not have to run to Walmart for a few things.  



No comments: