Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Downtown Orlando Art and Living Expo, February 19 & 20th, 2011


This past weekend I was in Orlando at the Downtown Art and Living Expo show around Lake Eola.  The black and white swans were all out in force.  I was on the other side of the universe from where I am at when I do the Fiesta in the Park in April and November.  I missed the coziness of that area--I did not miss the Farmer's Market vendors.  LOL   


It was a gorgeous weekend.  In fact the week before was pretty near perfect.  Sunny and warm...finally!  Thanks to all who came out to visit...even Hal from South Florida turned up with his daughter who lives nearby.  It was fun seeing all of you.  Hey, let's do it again in April at Fiesta in the Park!!!

Oh, and does Orlando have more dogs than the average U.S. city?  I always marvel at the number of people who bring their dogs out at the Lake Eola.  I am a people watcher, but, when I am at Lake Eola I always become a dog watcher.  They are infinitely more entertaining than the 20-something crowd who shows up dressed to shock.  I especially like the frou frou outfits and dog strollers...sometimes.  When the people are serious, it's kinda scary.  But when the owners are having fun--as much as the dogs--then it is a good time for all.  Bonnie Dog and I need to make a trip down here one afternoon...

No comments: