Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

Well Happy Birthday to my good friend, Cindy Pease Waicukauski--yes I had to check the spelling on that as usual!


The guys on my favorite talk radio station were talking about training their wives/girlfriends into not celebrating on V-Day.  They argued somewhat persuasively that it is a made up Holiday, one manufactured by the greeting card companies to sell cards.  I don't disagree with that.

I do however think it is an awesome way to say thank you to someone you may take of advantage of during the year...however slightly, infrequently or unintentionally that may happen.  Or to say, "I love you".  Or maybe, "you rock my world".  All of these happen to be true in my house.  I got lucky by marrying one of the good guys.  So, he got a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies that I will try not to sneak when he goes to bed.


And I got a beautiful card and some pretty red roses.  So, my vote is to celebrate each other, but perhaps not the day...specifically.  

Now lets hope the cat and dog don't tip this vase over when they jump up on the table!!  You know how often that happens.  LOL

No comments: