Thursday, February 10, 2011

Operation Beautiful, February 10, 2011

Operation Beautiful...transforming the way you see yourself one post-it note at a time.





I came across this website/blog in my travels around the web and thought what a great thing it was for women.  Then I learned it was the brainchild of a twenty-something who wants to change the world one positive note at a time.  Caitlin Boyle spent years battling her weight and depression.  One day in a public bathroom, she put up a note on the mirror with a simple message, "You are Beautiful" and with those words and a quick photo  a movement was started.  In her own words:

"The goal of the Operation Beautiful website is to end negative self-talk or “Fat Talk.”  If this little blog only does one productive thing, I hope it helps readers realize how truly toxic negative self-talk is  — it hurts you emotionally, spiritually, and physically.  Through my own experiences fighting Fat Talk, I’ve realized the power behind an anonymous act such as Operation Beautiful.  When I post a note, I’m saying, “I CHOOSE to be positive!”




I loved the idea of encouraging and empowering women so much, I bought the book and had it sent to my two nieces for Valentine's Day.  I hope you will take a look.  Then grab a pad of post-it-notes and start changing the world!

No comments: