Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Is it Really Health Care if it Makes you Stressed???

Just a note to the uninitiated:   I don't have kids, so my Mom told me I lack the "patience gene". 

January 16, 2012

Dr. P. and Staff--

Please see enclosed letter regarding the very unfortunate problem with the referral to Dr. H.  that wasn’t a referral and the resulting incident at the orthopedics’ office that resulted in 75 minutes of my time wasted and no doctor viewing my x-rays (which I got copied for $40 at the chiropractor's office). 

I am sorry to inform you that after 15+ years as a client I will be searching for a new PCP.  Please cancel my appointment for March 11th.

Best Regards,

Jackie Turbot
p.s. I would also like to let you know that I was always uncomfortable with the number of drug reps that I encountered in your office. I swear I have seen more there than at any other doctor’s office I have ever been in--they outnumbered the patients on some days.   I always knew they were drugs reps because they brought you and your staff lunch from swanky restaurants and they drove Lexus sedans.  Perhaps if I would have benefitted from more free samples I would not have seen this as a problem?!

p.p.s. This whole mess has really sickened me and made me realize that the whole health care industry is a precarious house of cards and that I need to be as healthy as possible to avoid being in any
doctor’s offices in the future. So, thank you for that!
p.p.p.s.  You may really want to rethink referring your patients to Dr. H's office. 

2 comments:

Becky said...

You go girl!!!
oh-em-gee I can't seem to convince this damn thing I'm not a robot!

Anonymous said...

You tell 'em! After seeing all the hoops my diabetic hubby has to jump through to keep his health optimal, I thank God that I don't have any serious issues.