Saturday, April 12, 2014

21 Day Meditation Experience--Who am I?

I did Oprah and Deepak's 21 Day Meditation Experience back in the Fall.  It was transforming.  I talked to several people who participated and they voiced a similar feeling.  I am so excited to see it starting again in a few days--4/14/14.  You can sign up for free here:   21 Day Meditation Experience.  


All it takes is 20 minutes a day for three weeks.  I did it in the morning before  my day started and the impact for the day was measurably good.  My friends and family can attest to my road rage--after a couple days meditating, I could control it easier.  If I did a meditation of some kind daily, I think I could eliminate it!  Like everything in my life, you have to practice this--remember I am not good at commiting to things, thus my failure to do it daily. But, if you can make it part of your daily routine, your life will be much richer.  

So, here is my funny story about trying to get Rod to start meditating.  Remember he had his heart attack back in July, 2013.  So, being a concerned wife, I thought he would benefit by doing this 20 minute meditation with me in addition to his 40 minute walk daily.  He did it for a couple days, but, on day 3 after we were about 10 minutes into the meditation, the sound on the computer went off.  If you don't move the mouse, it goes into power saving or screen saving mode, ya know?!  Well, Rod was sitting right in front of the computer, so I asked him to jiggle the mouse.  But, no sound.  So, I raised my head up from the couch to see him on his tablet reading something.  He was totally not doing a meditation!  I wouldn't have caught him if the sound hadn't gone off!!  

This time around I will use one of Rod's college roommates to try to get him to join in.  Steve loved the last Oprah & Deepak meditation...and maybe that will be enough to get Rod on board. (Steve loved it so much he bought the CD/DVDs for his sister for Christmas!)  Of course Rod is almost perfect compared to me, so, I am the one who really, really, REALLY needs it!  Wish me luck...and perseverance in incorporating this into my day.  


No comments: