Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Blue Moon Cottage--More Pictures

A couple friends down south are wanting to see more pictures of the cottage, so, here are a couple snaps from this morning.  Everyone is wondering what it is like to live in a 530 square foot house, well, the easy answer is that it is just like living in a 1,200 s.f. house without as much cleaning!  The previous owners used every nook and cranny for storage, so, I haven't begun to fill up any cabinets or closets.  That won't happen until the Orlando house is sold and all our stuff moves up with us.  Then, it will be more of a challenge!!

I guess you could say this is the grounds maintenance complex!  The storage bins have edging, stakes and miscellaneous pots and such.

This is what I will be doing today--MOWING!  They previous owner said it takes 20 minutes to mow...I think it took me three times as long the first time!!

An area that they seeded before leaving...still needs some help, but, may need to work on that next year.  Not sure I have time to play "water fairy" this year!

This is the" Monument to Scotland"...fitting with my family history too!

A view of the backyard toward the house...with Bonnie Dog munching on a piece of mulch
 

Wow...that was a LOT of weeding to get back to bare ground back in the veggie garden.  I am hoping the weedblock will help keep the weeds at bay this year.  I figured out that even if you don't plant any veggies, you still have to weed--so next year I might as well put in veggies

This was the first project...a completed walkway to the back building
where the soap factory is located

I added a lot of pea gravel to the cobblestone walkway

More stones going in out front.  I need about six more bags to finish this area and along the driveway

Just so cute!!

So, this is the ugly screen house right outside the backdoor.  I hate it, but, it is very useful as a catch-all for everything.  It has all my project tools in it at the moment.  Oh, and the bikes!
 
 
I have not done much inside except for moving stuff in...but I will get some pictures of that next time!!  SO, out to mow I go...
 

2 comments:

Carol Connolly said...

What a beautiful piece of real estate. The house looks really cute. Can't wait to see pictures when you've added all your touches. Where is it?

Anonymous said...

Carol--it is near my family in Northern IL, Machesney Park. We are right about 11 miles south of the Wisconsin border right in the center of the state.