Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Deerfield Beach Art Show, January 24 & 25, 2009

Eve working on one of her palm tree paper towel holders.

I was a little better prepared for the show this weekend at Deerfield than last weekend in Jensen....a little. And I was feeling better too! I was shooting to leave about 11 a.m. but I was a bit later. It really didn't matter though, as the trip is only about 3 hours and we had until late to set up. I talked to Eve during her trip over from Wesley Chappel and she was bummed--she got a speeding ticket going 75 in a 55 zone. Although, she swears it was a 60 zone--like that would have made that much of a difference. Doh!
The view from my booth!
After setting up, we left my van at the show and took Eve's to the room. We were at the LaQuinta again...and it is a nice place to stay down there for not too much money. We planned to have Lynn (The SpiceLady) with us, but, we actually had a late addition...Cookie who makes wine glass charms. She is a sweetie--and she fits right in with the gang. BUT, 4 women in two double beds is TOO MANY!!! LOL
Lynn, the SNORER and Eve.
Especially when one of those women (LYNN) leaves her phone on to make funny beeps every 5 minutes when it is going dead at 4 a.m. Everyone but Lynn woke up to check their phones...grrrr! She didn't know how to turn it off...so...Cookie reached over and got it for her. AND then of course I could not go back to sleep when Lynn started snoring. LOL So, at 4:30 I just got up and grabbed my bag of magazines and headed into the bathroom to read. No more four to a room for a while, I think!
Now, bunking in with Lynn does mean we usually eat better. She made a salad of mozerella, organic greens and tomatoes...yummy! Cookie brought two bottles of red wine, but, I am doing no alcohol for 30 days trying to get back into diet mode. I had to stop Lynn from buying Girl Scout cookies at the show...her diet occassionally includes very bad things! BUT, she is good most of the time.

The show turned out pretty good--not quite as good as the prior year but still a good show. I really wish they would move it back to the park though. You will always get more traffic at the beach, but, not necessarily ones who are there to buy hand made things. But Deerfield is an awesome place to be. :)

On the way home, I found out my parent's had made it to Orlando with no incident. So, when I get home, I will have a couple visitors for a few months! Wish me luck!

No comments: