Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Making Soap, January 28, 2008

Yes, we do get occassional frosts in Orlando--
it has been cold this year!
Today I had to do some restocks and a special request for my old Peppermint soap. I discontinued that one when I started doing the sea salt soap that was scented with Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Spearmint and Rosemary. I have several crafter friends that want the old Peppermint--one of them calls it "Orgasm" because it is so fresh and tingly!!! LOL

I also finally sold out of the $10 Shea Butter (100%) soaps so I made some more of them. That one is definitely not on my favorites list. It IS moisturizing, but, there is no later at all. I have found one use for it--on my hair it seems to do away with the kinks and split ends. BUT, I still prefer the regular shampoo bar since it is a great latherer.

While I was making soap, I had two visitors. Eve came by while waiting on her College Park house closing. That is the first step in her divorce settlement. So, she is happy and she once again has a bank balance. That is a very good thing. Then Patti came by to say hi to my Folks. I invited her over for a little Super Bowl party this weekend too. Her hubby is all recovered from his illness which happened at Christmas. So, Tim has to start work again on Sunday, so he will miss the party.


Mom and I started our jigsaw puzzle--we do one every year when they come down during Snowbird season. This year the thing is a bitch. It's only 550 pieces but the picture is of a stack on needles in all sizes and one sprig of wheat going thru the middle. Argh. I like a challenge, but, I hate hearing Mom say how pointless it is! LOL






No comments: