Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Doctor Suess Christmas Tree 2013


We like the unusual around this house and my favorite seasonal purchase from a craft show was this tree...which in it's undecorated state was made by my crafter friends, Jim and Lori Riles.  I was at the Micanopy Craft Fair in October and I saw a number of these walking by...the color of the bulb hanging off the top was different and they had a smaller version, but, I knew I wanted to track them down.  Imagine my surprise when I walked over to talk with Lori and saw these in her tent!!!

Traveling and doing these art and craft shows has made a chore into decorating for the Christmas season.  Some years I just don't put up anything.  This year Rod mentioned putting up the outdoor lights right after Thanksgiving, so, I got into the mood.  To a small degree anyway. 

Last year we decorated our IKEA rattan cat tree with wonderful Hallmark ornaments from Aunt Ellen and Uncle Larry.  That was VERY avant garde!  This year we just removed the things from the top of the thread case and the key rack hanging on the wall and our Christmas Tree had a place to shine.  Even Rod liked it...but I did go get the string of garland and the lights to embellish it a bit more.  Here's the tree at night!



No comments: