Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Washington Oaks Garden State Park -- Holiday in the Park

Here are a few pictures from my wanderings at Washington Oaks Garden State Park in Palm Coast, Florida during their Holiday in the Garden Event.  The park is lovely without any decorations, but, it was magical with the Christmas touch. 



 
 
Somewhere in this area they held a "Tea with Mrs. Claus" on Saturday where the kids could do craft ornament projects, have hot chocolate and cookies and get a picture with Santa Claus.





 
 
The new stage was a project of the "Friends of Washington Oaks" group that volunteers at the park.  The long row of tents is where the citrus, plant and bake sale are held.  They also did a ginger bread house contest.  


 


 
 
As I was walking the park, the benches below were the first decorations I saw.  I just loved the simplicity.  They have several of these benches--maybe six or so lining this area looking over the river.  



 
 
Just a few snaps of the flowers around the rose garden.  They have the garden enclosed within a fence so the deer don't eat them. 

 
 






So, the last show of the year is done.  Now I get to be busy packing and shipping last minute soap gifts.  It has been a busy year and I am so grateful for my customers and of course being able to get out around the state and experience events like Holiday in the Garden.

No comments: