Thursday, July 31, 2008

More Fair Baking July 31, 2008

Well, I think I have all my Fair enteries figured out. I have one big reservation. My chocolate cake--sugar free, extremely low fat and made with whole wheat flour. It actually tastes pretty good...until I had my friend Patti try it. And she didn't like it. Well that's not quite accurate. She couldn't even swallow a bite of it--she spit it out! LOL So, perhaps my taste buds are off. But, Rod likes it, so his birthday cake is this recipe!

It's only about 1 - 1.5 inches tall...LOL!






Patti did give me a thumb's up on the cookies though. So I am still hoping for a blue ribbon on that. I also have about 8 kinds of jam to enter. I will let you know what happens.




Oh, and I had a couple ripe, ripe, ripe bananas...so Rod gets a banana bread for while I am gone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie. Thought I would check out your blog! Have fun on vacation and good luck on the blue ribbons! Met your parents at Kanapaha. Now I know where you get your niceness from.

Patti