Saturday, July 26, 2008

The weekend! July 25 & 26, 2008

Rod has a "Disney" kind of weekend meaning that he has Friday and Saturday off. This weekend he got friends into Disney while I had a customer stop by to pick up soap and then made a quick run to the grocery store.




My main reason for the trip was to get more nuts. I had coupons...yippee...but once again the cashier (yes, a Wal-mart cashier) forgot to ring up my coupons. She sent me to the Customer Service desk to get my $1.55 back. Anyone who has ever bought Christmas presents from Wal-mart knows that you DO NOT want to have to take something back. Because, that means waiting in line at the Customer Service desk.



One look at the line, and a quick check with a manager-type who "didn't work at this store" and a peek at the expiration date of the coupon (and the fact I wouldn't need more nuts until Christmas and I knew I wasn't getting my $1.55 back...ever. Well, maybe. I am so frustrated with the cashiers who forget to ring them up, I sat down and wrote a letter to the manager of my local store. Who knows, maybe I will get something back...maybe not. But, it sure made me feel better.

Back on the weekend routine. Bonnie Girl and I started our usual Friday morning walk which was to the end of the road and back, hitting a few cul-de-sacs to hit the two mile mark. This morning, we were greeted by two Sheriff cruisers blocking our progress. Checking the paper's website later in the day we sadly learned a 16 year old in his parent's Lexus had lost control at 4 a.m. and hit a tree in our 25 mph neighborhood. According to how the car looked he was going MUCH faster. It is so sad. Please, please dear blog readers--don't speed. Or don't let your teenagers drive so late at night. Walking/driving past the scarred tree will keep me in line. For a while, at least.

Then in the afternoon while he watched the Cubs lose to the Marlins, I sat down and made the dreaded BATH FIZZIES. They don't usually make me not want to make them, but, this time I had a LOT to make, so I guess that did it. I got all of them done and it should be plenty to last me into the Fall shows. Hopefully!

I have done lots of packing. I am starting to squirrel away piles of this and that as I prepare to make the big drive to Illinois. It hit me today that I won't be seeing Rod for about six weeks and that makes me very sad.

No comments: