Sunday, September 14, 2008

Boone County Fair, Friday - Sunday



Friday starts the Open Swine Show for the kids. Again, our piglets don't seem to impress the judge, but, everyone survives. Not sure who is going to show pigs again next year--hopefully Ali will continue as she seems to have a real aptitude for it. I have a feeling she might also be doing a rabbit...


We spend the rest of the day wandering the Fair--checking the other animal buildings, stopping by the grandstand during the "races" to see who is betting dimes and who is going crazy betting QUARTERS!!!! We actually make it the whole day (with a short break to let Bonnie out at my parent's house) and get to hear the opening strains of country music star Blake Shelton singing. I am not a country fan, so, can't tell you much about that...


Saturday Dad and I go out to the Fair for breakfast at the Grange Food Tent, then head up to the grandstand to see the Garden Tractor and Antique Tractor Pull. By the time the rest of the crew gets there I am really ready to take a break from all the action. So, I head home to catch up on my business and personal email. Bonnie is glad to have the company and I am glad to have a little freedom.


Sunday everybody but Dad sleeps in and takes the day easy. I don't have to go anywhere until late in the afternoon. I head out to the Fair at 4pm in time to see the kids loading up their pigs to go to the slaughterhouse. Then I get to go to the Demolition Derby with Roger, his girlfriend, two of her sisters and a cousin. It was a riot once again!! And once again we are successful in getting a half gallon of ice cream from the boyscouts for $2....woohoo!


I am really happy to report that this year when I got home from the Derby, BONNIE HAD NOT escaped the backyard. She was in fact in her kennel waiting for me to get home. Yea!

No comments: