Monday, November 9, 2009

Fiesta in the Park, Lake Eola, Orlando, FL, Nov. 7-8, 2009



This year's Dog (and Pig) Parade, oops, I mean craft show at Orlando's Lake Eola had excellent weather and soap buying crowds!  I was thrilled to see many of my "old" customers.  Some of you have been around since the first Fall I displayed at Lake Eola.  I am thrilled with my sales for the show, but, sorry I ran out of a couple of soaps that were really good sellers.  I will have them at next weekend's Great Day in the Country in Oviedo. 

The best moment of the day, was the group with the stroller full of chiquaquas and...a PIG!  LOL  Rocky the Pig was riding in style.  And he was so sweet.  He comes when his name is called and he had such pretty eyes.  All the dogs were jealous of him.  And pretty close behind that group was the group carrying a rabbit all dressed up.  Those downtown Orlando people......what characters!!!




A close second was the arrival of "Miss Fiesta in the Park 2009", aka Orlando Police Officer Amy Bretches, who is one of my favorite people to see at both the Spring and Fall Fiestas.  She is usually working, but, this year she was just one of the many customers out enjoying the festival.  It was fun seeing her in her tiara...and I hope she makes it back on the job soon.  I think our kids are safer with her around--she is in the School Resource Unit.  As are we all safer when she brightens up the park when she works the Fiesta.



No comments: