Monday, November 23, 2009

Oviedo and Winter Garden, Novemberish, 2009

Oviedo's Great Day in the Country, Saturday November 14.

Winter Garden Art Festival, Saturday and Sunday November 21-22.


They sucked...both for the same reason.  They have new people trying to run a show and they think they can improve on the show by "recreating the wheel".  In the first case, they decided not to honor a ten year corner booth commitment where I did my part by paying for the spot one year in advance.  In the second case, they lied and told me I was the only soapmaker.  I discovered before the show I would be joined by a competitor.  This was bad for a small show, but, at least I had the chance to change shows.  I decided to honor my commitment even though they didn't honor their commitment.  I get to the show and find FOUR soapers there with one right beside me.  Can I just say the world this November seems to be full of idiots.  And that is not even beginning to count our politicians!  :)

Now, on to a brighter news. 




My Saturday at Winter Garden was not a total loss.  I met this great gal who runs the shop, Scrap Paper Scissors, at scrapbooking shop.  I fell in love with the 1,000 sf shop's layout and classroom.  How cool is this?  It gives me all kinds of ideas for when I finally get a shop of my own. 




And even brighter news...

My oven window is dirty.  Make that--my oven window WAS dirty.  I had a soap boilover a while back that somehow seeped inside the glass oven front.  I have puzzled over how to clean it.  I read the oven's manual--no help there.  I looked that door up one side and down the other to find some way to get to the muck on the window.  No GO. 

Finally, GOOGLE to the rescue.  I found a forum on Gardenweb.com that talked about ways to get in the door without voiding the warrantly.  The first attempt...to put a rod with a towel on the end up through the bottom access points didn't work.  I couldn't manuever the rod high enough to reach the dirt. 

Plan B was to remove the glass front only and it worked slick--the removing part anyway.  There are three small bolts on the bottom of the door holding it in. Remove those and the glass slipped right out.  As did two plastic side pieces that I didn't see come loose.  Getting it all back on with only two hands was a trick, but, I did it!!!  Clean oven door.  It makes me so happy.  You know what they say...

SMALL MINDS ARE EASILY AMUSED! 

I am still waitlisted for St. Augustine, but, I am thinking positive and making a ton of soap for Tallahassee in two weekends.  Everybody, cross fingers for me and the show this weekend. 

For everybody, have a great Thanksgiving with your family and friends.  And, don't spend all your money at the Black Friday sales.  Leave some money for some nice SOAP.  LOL

No comments: