Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Micanopy Fall Harvest Festival, October 31st and November 1, 2009

I can hardly believe I have never done the Micanopy Fall Festival!  About the time I heard it was a must-do show, I had my Fall calender pretty set.  It always conflicted with Orlando's Fiesta in the Park or some other show.  Not this year, thanks to an extra weekend in October.  :)




The paperwork said we could not set up until after 5 p.m. so I headed out about 4 p.m.--and after getting gas and change I was on the Turnpike about 4:20.  I made it to Micanopy around 6--thinking it would be packed.  But I was pleasantly surprised to find most people had already set up and moved their vehicles out.  Yippee!!

My spot was right across from the Herlong Mansion and  in the shade.  Excellent spot!  I stayed until almost 8 getting things settled, but, I was ready to leave once it got dark and the mosquitos came out.  I stayed up I-75 two exits in Gainesville at an Extended Stay place...which was nice for only $30 pretax!  Thank you, Priceline!



The show itself was packed full of people--I think there were almost more people than at Mount Dora at times.  And the crowd here does appreciate handmade things.  That is one of the reasons I enjoy coming up to the Gainesville area.  No haggling, no one says they can get it cheaper at Walmart and most people are just happy to be outside having fun. 

The good looking Rhodesian Ridgeback above took a nap in front of my booth at one point.  His name was Banyam and he was so cool.  Bonnie Dog would have LOVED him! 

My next couple of shows are in the Orlando area...so be looking out for me if you are in the area.  Oh, and I have sold all of the incense smoking bottles I bought.  I will be picking up more in the next week or so.  If you are intrigued, take a look on the incense page at the website!

1 comment:

Anne-Marie said...

Beautiful dog. One of my girlfriends has a Rhodesian Ridgeback and they have the sweetest, most kind personalities.

Congrats at having a packed show. That's wonderful news.