Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Making Soap, Monday, November 9, 2009



This week I have to make a LOT of soap to restock from a BIG show at Lake Eola.  I needed to make the new Pomegranate Mango (which has been very popular) but I was short a bit on the oil.  So, I made up one of my test fragrances--Lily of the Valley. 

Lily of the Valley was probably the most requested fragrance at the summer craft shows up North.  (A close second was Sage and Cedarwood)  My Grandma used to grow LOTV at her back door landing, so it is one close to my heart.  I have never tried one before now, because in soapmaking circles the fragrance oil is thought to be short lived.  That means that it doesn't "stick" or last long.  All of my fragrances last YEARS if they just sit in the wrapper, but, that may not be the case for the Lily.  I added some bentonite clay to help, but, we will see what happens!  No color added yet...let's see how we do with just fragrance first.  Oh, and it will probably be a goatmilk soap too!




This week one of Rod's college roommates had a heart attack, so we are driving over to Brooksville (almost due west on the coast) on Thursday to see how he is doing.  He is expected to be out of ICU by then, hopefully.

I have a one day show in Oviedo on Saturday--come see me at Great Day in the Country.  And my friend Kathleen's Mom is going to take a couple trays of soap to a small church craft show (I think to help her fill up her table!!) 

Oh, and more soapmaking coming on Wednesday!  Maybe something new...we will see...

No comments: