Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Kanapaha Botanical Gardens, Gainesville FL, March 20 and 21, 2010


I love coming up to Gainesville.  I have customers who have been buying soap from me for 10 years up here...and it is so nice to see them every year.  Especially out here at the botanical gardens.  This year the entry fee went up to $7, but, I can't say that it really impacted people coming out.  If it did for you, please let me know so I can pass it on to the gal running the show. 



After cleaning up my yard last week, I knew what plants I would need to replace.  So, I ended up with just enough to fit in the van after all the soap stuff was packed up.  The tall one to the back is a Tea Olive, which is a scent that has been requested by customers over the years.  I had never smelled it for real, so, now if I do end up adding it to my mix of scents, I know what the real thing smells like!  The deep pink bouganvilla to the front is actually my neighbor Steph's plant.  The others will go in around the pool pump.  The nice Eucalyptus tree below was being sold by the Taylor Nursery who set up behind me.  I have never seen an actual growing Eucalyptus, so, this was a real treat!


We had an absolutely gorgeous day on Saturday.  I really think it is the first warm day we have had in ages.  On Sunday we weren't so lucky. The front we were hoping would come through later in the day, came through early, so the whole day was wet and gray.  We were lucky to have any customers, but, sure enough they came out.  I was very lucky that many of them came to get soap, so, I ended up doing ok for such a rotten day. 



Rod's Gators got eliminated from the basketball tourney early, so, we didn't have to compete with a game this year.  I watched some of the games while picking up dinner Saturday night at Ale House.  Unfortunately, I saw way too much of the games--my order seemed to get lost--or half of the order got lost.  I waited FOREVER and when they found the error apparently they rushed the second half and it was burned.  To complete the fiasco, the first part was cold by the time they got both parts together.  So, next year, I will just go to TGIF where I had an excellent salad (something like a Sante Fe Chopped Salad) on Friday night. Or maybe I can find that Carrabbas down the way next time!!! 

No comments: