Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Port Orange ArtFest, April 10 & 11, 2010


Port Orange is over near the condo that Mom and Dad rent in March, so, I have been through the area a couple times and I thought it was worth looking at.  This is a show I added very late, but, I have to say I really like the layout and the way the Parks and Rec department ran things.  It is only the fifth year of the show, but, I can see this one becoming really popular with artists and with customers...one day. 


The show is arranged in a big circle on the City Center "campus"--a 150 acre site that houses City Hall, the Library, a Community Center, the YMCA, Parks & Rec, various parks and lots of parking.  I set up easily on Saturday morning near the Amplitheatre and was nicely surprised that they were having a Jazz Festival for high school bands on the weekend--turned out the weekend for the music ran on Friday and Saturday.  So Sunday I really missed the great music.


The attendance at the show was very light on Saturday and we got rained out on Sunday afternoon BUT I  really hope that one day this show is a star.  It has all the makings of a great one.  I really hope I can fit it in my schedule next year!  If you hear of any events being held in Port Orange--go check it out.  You will be glad you did!!  

No comments: