Monday, November 24, 2008

Jacksonville Show, November 22 & 23, 2008




The most exciting news this past week has been the COLD weather we are having here in Florida. For those of you in the North, I apologize--it's still warm here by your standards. But, anytime we Floridians have to change out of shorts and flip flops--IT IS COLD!





I have been walking Bonnie with a jacket because when we leave for the walk it is closer to 40 than to 50 degrees. Today was the first day it was over 50, but, I kept the jacket on for about a mile before shedding it to keep from sweating and then cooling down too fast. Bonnie was sad--none of her dog buddies were out and about this morning.





My show this weekend was disappointing, but, not unexpected. The Morocco Shrine show has never been a great one for me, basically just a way to fill an open weekend. That is not to say that the folks that put on the show are not wonderful. They give you hotdogs, cookies and sweet tea when you set up on Friday night. They allow you to park overnight at their property--they even have hookups for the crafters in RVs. Very nice!





I was between two booths selling jewelry. There was a TON of jewelry there and despite my attempts to be one of only two people selling soap, there were FOUR of us. Too bad for a show that is so small. None of the soap people make any money and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth when they tell you there will be two and there is double that.





I did get to the mall both Friday and Saturday night to see movies. I caught the new James Bond movie first. It was GREAT. I really have come around to liking the new guy as 007. He rocks. Then on Saturday night I tried to see "The Secret Life of Bees" but it was only playing in the morning. SO, I went to see that vampire movie "Twilight". I was pleasantly surprised. Very entertaining and a good story line....and I think a good series for teenagers to be into reading. The young guy who played the vampire was perfect. I still can't believe it is $10 to see a movie up in Jax, I still pay $6 in Orlando!!!





Camping out those two nights was fun--it got down in the 40's both nights so my sleeping bag and fleece were definitely appreciated. I woke up at 4:30am on Friday--my hat came off and left me cold. But, once I had it back on, I snuggled into the bag and warmed right up.





Well, this week it is Thanksgiving. I have a show in Gainesville this weekend, so, I won't be going anywhere to celebrate. I hope Rod will go up to his parent's house to visit...no reason he shouldn't when he has Friday and Saturday off. I usually try to start my shopping this weekend at the stores in G'ville and then finish off up in Tallahassee the next weekend so I can get things in the mail. I am still not sure where I will be for Christmas, but, the first of the soapmaking classes in December just booked. Yippee!!

No comments: