Thursday, November 13, 2008

McIntosh Craft Show, October 18, 2008



McIntosh is a quaint little village south of Gainesville, FL. The annual craft show is usually a decent Saturday in the month of October. This year was no different. I set up on Friday afternoon--Annie, Jim and Lori were already there and setting up. Eve would get there when I was about done...and poor Steph--she had to work. SO, she called and had me check in for her, just in case she didn't make it there before the girls closed up the check in tent.
We stayed in the same hotel as last year. I ran down to Steak and Shake to get a burger--Eve had eaten on the way. The hotel is nice, but, a night club had opened up behind the hotel. We were at the back of the hotel on the second floor and at about 2:15 my sleep aid must have worn off because I was almost bounced off the bed by the loud music. Eve had her ear plugs in so she missed the concert. I called the front desk, but, of course nothing was done.
The show is usually an early attendee show--meaning it is not unusual to see people out shopping with flashlights before we are set up. One of the vendors thinks it is only the other vendors out snooping--I think he might be right! LOL
The show went fine. Take down was a snap, but not for the people next to Eve. I looked over at them when I was ready to leave...and all their stuff was packed up, but they were just sitting there waiting...on AAA. They had locked their keys in the rental van and had to wait for a key assist. BUMMER!
Eve had told me about the cheap gas she had seen on the trip up, so I set off down Hwy. 441 in search of a good deal. Since the show was only one day, I felt I had the time to take the slow road home. :) On Friday I had left Orlando and paid $2.83 for gas...so imagine my surprise to find gas for $2.47 south of Ocala. AND, it was even less down the road at Lady Lake--only $2.41. In taking the slow road home, I caught the most fantastic sunset...enjoy!

No comments: