Monday, June 30, 2008

Grant Seafood Festival and Beyond! February 29, 2008

There is just nothing more I can say about Grant--the music, the food and making some money while you are doing the other two. This is life. It is truly the best Seafood Festival in the state. I still haven't talked my hubby into coming over to this festival. Next year--he swears he will! I hope!

We had an amazing time this year. The weather was great most of the day on Saturday...although it did start raining about 3:30--we still had a profitable day. Sunday was picture perfect. The shrimp, the chowder, deviled crab...OMG. :)

The "we" this weekend was my traveling buddy Eve and my parents. Eve is in the process of divorcing and she has started dating again, so, I got to hear about her current exploits. I am kinda reliving my dating years thru her vicariously, but, dang I would hate to be in her shoes at age 50+.

Since Grant, we have had a week off and we are just having fun. Not snow, cold weather fun...but fun in the sun. OK, life is not all fun here. My dog, that cute little Jack Russell Terror...eats cat poop. My cat, Emily, who is usually a princess is peeing all over my new IKEA sofa. What gives?!

I just want to sit down at the computer, check how Bode's races went and chat with my ski friends. Crap. OK, the good news--on a scale of life's miseries, these couple of things don't even register as annoyances. So get over it, move on and make the best of what life throws at you. Maybe some snow in Florida...sweet!

So back to the fun. Crocs--you know those ugly but oh-so-comfortable foam shoes--we went out to the Disney shopping village this week and bought a couple replacement Christmas presents for family members this week. I love those Crocs. They got me back to walking/exercising again after 18 months suffering with Plantar Fasciitus. They are wonderful...now to just get back in shape.

We also did the Plant City Strawberry Festival today. Not so much fun unless you really like country music--which I can take or leave. BUT, the fair food was good...and the strawberry stuff was awesome. Rod and I split a strawberry shake and my folks got the shortcake...both were delish.

We even went to a fabric store--which since I love sewing is like going to a candy store. In finding where the old JoAnns had moved I discovered a new shopping area on my end of town which I didn't know existed. It is out of the way--which I like--and it has many of the big box stores, but, a couple smaller shops are what will entice me back down the road.

So, that is most of what has happened in the last week or so. The really good news is that my folks who snowbird with us for a few weeks are at the end of their 6 week visit. They head over to Ponce Inlet for a month at the condo now...and we have our house back to ourselves. Naked City, here we come! :)

No comments: