Monday, June 30, 2008

Palatka Seafood Festival, Memorial Day Weekend May 24-26, 2008


Palatka is another Seafood Festival located in the North Central part of Florida. My spot in the show is adjacent to the courthouse which is fronted by a lovely park area with enormous live oaks. Usually this weekend--the show is always Memorial Day weekend--is hot as heck and the artists and craft vendors suffer because people don't want to carry ANYTHING other than a beer or a bottle of water.

BUT, last year was incredible weather and the forecast for this year is the same--low to mid 80's and small chance of rain--so I am hoping for the same kind of profit as last year.


This show is also one where I camp out and enjoy going to see a movie, get my nails done and just veg out after the show hours. This year my traveling buddy Eve decided to pass on the show, but, she did come to visit us as she lives pretty close.



















The show was...well...disappointing. My numbers were way down from the previous year despite the decent weather. I don't totally understand what happened, but, it will remain on the schedule hoping it was just a freak happenstance. Cross fingers...

I went to see the new Indiana Jones movie, got a pedicure one night and had some pretty good food about town. I also discovered a new Wing Sauce that is rocking my world. Cracker House sauces was set up next to me and they were the nicest folks. They even set up a couple slow cookers full of chicken wings--one with mild and one hot wing sauce for people to sample their sauces. They are terrific...I think I bought one of each!!

No comments: