Monday, June 30, 2008

New Windows, June 27th 2008



Well, Rod and I try to get lots done in the summer time. The rest of the year, I am so busy that I kind of ignore the house maintenance...I kind of ignore the cleaning, cooking, shopping and the rest of it too--truth be told!

So, one of the projects we did this year was to have new windows installed. I had Home Depot come out and give us an estimate and it turned out they cost about half what I thought they might...and they might cut our electric bill by 30-40%. (We had the original awning style roll out windows from when the house was built in 1959!)

So, ordered them around the first week of June. They arrived on Tuesday the 24th and on that Friday, a team of two guys showed up and proceeded to work like hell getting the windows in before the summer afternnon showers started. As luck would have it, they got here at 8:30 and were done at 2:30--long before the rain started!

So, anybody need a referral for a Home Depot window/roof/siding or gutter installation? I get a gift card for sending you to them...so if you are serious, let me know!


BTW, I LOVE them! I will have to let you know what happens to the electric bill!

1 comment:

Duane and Nancy said...

Hey, we're looking to install some windows. Send us a referral and we'll be happy to tell Home Depot you referred us.