Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fernandina Beach Trip, October 9-11, 2008



We did a quick trip up to Fernandina before my Fall shows get going. We were gonna miss seeing my sister-in-law Deb this trip as she was heading up to Washington to visit Rod's other sister Pam.

Bonnie Dog LOVES Fernandina...as she can sit on her corner beach lot and "talk" to all the dogs going back and forth to the beach. She gets quite animated...and Rod and I always wish we had brought her doggie drugs to keep her calm.

Cody (my MIL) and I went shopping and out for lunch. I think she enjoys this as she gave up driving a couple years ago. But, I didn't get her to follow through on going for a pedicure. She changed her mind, so I went alone. It was not the place Deb had recommended...I wasn't sure of the name and I couldn't remember where it was exactly, so I went to the place near the movie theater.

It was fine--they even had a tiny little Chiquaqua as a mascot. They did a good job on the pedicure and an awesome job of waxing my chinny, chin, chin. I think that covers mulitiple chins, right?! LOL An interesting note--my pedicurist had TWO THUMBS. Now when have you ever seen that?


Rod grilled out for us on Friday night. Jan (my BIL) had stopped by in the morning, but, he had to work so he missed the burgers, hotdogs and chicken legs. Yummo as RR would say. We always seem to do the same sides too--beans from Sonny's and coleslaw from KFC. It's getting to be a tradition.

After dinner we walked it off with a trip around the "hole" (Cody's name for the subdivision behind their house). Bonnie loved it...and we even got to see some early Halloween decorations.

No comments: