Friday, October 17, 2008

Happy and Home Again!


After all the projects we worked on in my parent's kitchen, I was itching to do some stuff around MY house! SO, the first day off Rod had, we finally put up the new door track on the old rusted metal shed. Earlier in the summer I had finished repainting it, so it looked really good--other than the doors .

And, when I went through Arrow Metal Products, I found that they guaranteed their sheds against rust for life, so, they sent me everything I needed without having to pay a cent. Yippee, now that's a great company!

In the end, it took a few hours for Rod and I to get the old bolts off and the new pieces in place, but, we did it!



The other thing I have been wanting to do was on the inside of the house. The old ledge between the living room and the dining room was the first thing to go. It took a little muscle to get those big nails out of the pantry sidewall and then even more muscle to get the fasteners out of the terrazzo floors. Unfortunately there was a little damage to the terrazzo, but, nothing I can't live with.

Of course, I had to miter cut some new baseboard trim to finish it off...which resulted in my injury. I hit the hammer to the very edge of my index finger...just enough to separate the quick from the nail and make it bleed...bad! Once I was bandaged up, I went back to work.

Once that big thing was out, I repainted the wall, polished up the floor--it was whiter underneath, but, not shiny. I decided to move the antique thread case to the spot in front of the newly painted wall, but, I had to find a small table to fit it on to get it up to a usable level. IKEA to the rescue! I found a perfectly sized table to work, although, I wish it had been something with shelves or drawers.



So I found a basket to fit under the table at World Market...and wouldn't you know it, a room screen/divider to hide my craft show tubs in the foyer (from the view you had of them in the living room)! SO, now I can safely say that part of the redecorating is over!


Now, the only one who is unhappy is Emily the Cat who lost her feeding station and her "Queen of the House" perch!

No comments: