Thursday, October 23, 2008

Soapmaking, Thursday, October 23, 2008



Well, I am taking a break from replacing electronics and actually trying to do some business today. I woke up way before the sun to try to get all my "stuff" done before pulling out the soap pots. First there was the email, then trying to pave way for the soap stuff (putting away some record albums, moving the old entertainment center out of the way, etc), walking the dog and finally jumping in the shower.


The soap pots were ready about 8am and I did some restocking in the morning of my Oatmeal Milk & Honey and Gardenia scents. Good smells!!



About noon I tried to pull my thoughts away from the bag of Oreos calling my name and I started batch #2. This time I did a big mold of Eucalyptus and small molds of both Only Oats and a new scent blend--Chocolate. The chocolate smells wafting around made me want those Oreos even more. I hope the scent holds true and that the people who have been asking for chocolate soap like it! Even Rod (who doesn't smell very well...that doesn't sound right...but he works with ammonia...so his nose doesn't work right) said the chocolate smelled GOOD!



While the second batch of soap was cooling, the cable guy came to change out the DVR for the HD version. NOW, I feel like I have a new TV. Outstanding picture and that big screen is very, very nice.

Tonight I also have to work to get caught up. I have two more trays of soap to wrap for Mt. Dora...and lots of things to print up for the show. Somehow I will be ready to sell some soap this weekend. My wonderful husband is going to go with me to help setup...which will be really nice since it's probably gonna be raining. I brided him with dinner out...and it worked!

No comments: