Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Trip HOME, September 8 &9, 2008



I picked Bonnie up at the kennel outside of Carbondale about 8am. She was rearing to go...but we had to take a nice long walk first so I was sure she had gone potty. We had gorgeous weather on the drive down to Nashville. The trip through the mountains was fun too...but it is hard to take pictures that do it justice through the front window. But I tried!



We made good time all the way to almost Atlanta, when it started raining. Didn't make much difference though as it was evening rush hour. The good news, is that I was going the right way this time. Going south is so much easier...especially when I was only going to just south of the Airport. Bonnie was up in my lap much of the drive...navigating!

We stopped not at the Drury Inn as usual this time. We tried the hotel behind it that was less than half the money, but, with no happy hour. And no gated area to walk Bonnie late at night, but, it was ok. No traffic that late at night to worry about. Got take-out Chinese...and pigged out before hitting the hay.



Tuesday morning we were up at the usual time with a nice long walk for Bonnie and a quick hotel breakfast for me--that wasn't nearly as nice as the Drury either! We were enveloped by fog as we merged onto the highway to head to Florida. It was smooth sailing though as I don't think we hit any rain until well into Florida. We called ahead to let Rod know we were within striking distance when we hit the toll plaza on the Turnpike. FINALLY!

It was nice arriving home and having my usual well trained help to unload the van. Rod was amused by the Cubs peanuts and happy that the van had carried us safely back and forth once again. I was just happy to have MY bed back and to be able to snuggle up to Rod and the two girlie-girls again.

Too bad Bonnie Dog would be in my face early the next morning to drag me out on our walk!

2 comments:

Becky said...

lol! Bonnie looks so innocent when she's sleeping!

Finola JC said...

well, the weather looks gorgeous to me! and those shea butter soaps! WOW! so much soap - yyuummm!