Friday, February 5, 2010

Deerfield Beach Art Show, January 30 & 31, 2010

We were at the beach again last weekend down in South Florida.   The weather was forecast to have some rain, but, we pretty much avoided it until real late on Sunday.  And then it was only a few sprinkles.   It was SpiceLady Lynn, Wine Charm gal Cookie, Jenny the Leaf Fountain gal and a great new potter next to me.  It was a nice show but I am still not making the money I did when it was over at Pioneer Park.  I miss the old location.

BUT, if you have to be somewhere for the weekend, being ON THE BEACH, ain't bad.  LOL  I sat for the whole weekend staring off into the surf!  I got to meet some of my longtime, best customers--Carol and Alisa.  

We were camping out this weekend as the ProBowl and the Superbowl meant most the rooms in the area were already booked...unless you wanted to spend really big bucks for a room.  Since the weather was gonna be in the 60's overnight, Lynn and Paul and Cookie all slept in our vans at the vendor parking area.  We were not alone as most of the small "campers" were staying at the beach.  The big RVers were all back at Pioneer Park--which was great not having the noise and the smell from their generators.

Cookie and I were stood up for dinner--I guess Lynn and Paul wanted some alone time, but, we found Bru's Grill which had very good food...and it didn't start getting too loud until we were just ready to leave.  Good food, good prices.  AND a Kilwan's Chocolate shop on the way back to the vans.  Hm, I would like to tell you I didn't eat the chocolate, carmel and pecan covered rice crispy, but, I would be lying.  :)

When we got back to the vans, the moon was rising over the water and so we sat and talked on the boardwalk for a while.  Then it was back to the van for some light reading.  I am about the fourth book into the Sookie Stackhouse vampire series.  That's the one they show on HBO, "True Blood".  It's great reading for a weekend craft show. 

Now if I can figure out how to get my pictures from my phone to here, I will be a happy, happy girl!  Stand by...

...
...
...

And, so, when I figure it out I will send a picture of the moonrise.

No comments: