Wednesday, October 19, 2011

49 and Holding


Today is birthday number 49 as I was reminded when I logged onto Facebook this morning.  Actually I remembered all along that Wednesday was the big day, for a change.  A couple good friends called and scheduled lunches--Eve and I went yesterday for awesome bbq and Patti and I are going tomorrow to see the new George Clooney movie.  Rod and I will do our traditional dinner at Carrabbas...although we did not make a date.  Some years my birthday sneaks up on me--Rod walks in after work with flowers as I wonder what the special occasion is...and then I scramble to do the math.  Just how old am I anyway?

This year was different.  I have been thinking that the big 50 is looming ever nearer on the horizon.  I do the math again and again, but, it hasn't changed.  How in the world did I get this OLD?!  But I guess that is the good news--I think this middle age thing is great.  It's good to not feel it--except on certain rainy mornings or after a tough day of soapmaking or gardening.  I've still got my health, right?!  LOL



One year it is gonna hit me I suppose.  But not now.  Let it be when I am REALLY old--like 60 something...or even 80 something.  :)

No comments: