Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Christmas Soaps, October 6, 2009

Today after Cindy and Mo came over to discuss the business end of the Bazi business, it was time to get moving on this year's Christmas soap.  Usually it is something I start working on toward the end of the summer.  This year, I just didn't have time to do it with all the trips to the Midwest.  So...what to do?!



The scent I had decided on was Simple Soothings "Christmas Memory" which I had ordered on the last fastbuy Lezlee ran.  The first part was to do a small batch of soap in the crockpot.  Once it was cooled, I added the scent with a teaspoon of "Bordeaux" mica to give a red tint to the soap.  I made up a couple of piping bags out of freezer paper to get the soap into the cute little candy boxes I was going to use.  Then with the extra I used a little Christmas Bell cookie cutter to make some guest soaps.  I forgot to take a picture of those...maybe tomorrow!



So, the plan for tomorrow is to do some more candy boxes with a green tinted soap base using the same fragrance oil.  Then with the extra to do some little Christmas Tree cookie cutter guest soaps.  Sometime next week I will do two other little shaped guest soaps to complete a limited edition set of four Christmas guest soaps.   Oh, and I will do several big batches of the Christmas Memories in a full size bar--with red and green marbeling!

No comments: