Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Christmas Soaps Part 2, October 7, 2009



Here's the first of the Christmas Guest Soaps.  These are done by Hot Process, then colored with mica or oxide when cooled and then rolled out--almost like doing really thick sugar cookies.  Just don't bite into one!  I am still working on the candy box labels for these.  I may do a small batch of white angels--again all with the Christmas Memories scent to add to the "set".  Someone asked me to describe it--I would say slightly spicy from a cinnamon note with a ribbon candy mixed in! 



The second part of the Christmas soaps is done using these white truffle boxes--I have always loved these boxes.  These will cure out to 2.0 ounce guest soaps. 



I am going to finish these off with a 3/4 - 1" red/green ribbon around the boxes.  That should make them perfect for a quick, easy grab gift!  I will pull out my glass cake stand to display them at shows once they are ready to sell. 

Tomorrow is Mammogram day!  Don't worry, no pictures of THAT coming!!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hi..I loved the cute card box's you piped the soap into. I have not done hp soap before, only cp, but you pipe it directly into the little box? Is it waxed inside? Do the soaps come out easy enough? I have never seen anyone do this before and I thought it was a great idea for my childs wedding favours. I was also always under the impression that HP soap was not soft (as in to be able to pipe) gosh this was excellent to see! I am very curious about these box's and wonder if CP soap would work in them at all. Great Blog!